Thursday, April 2, 2015

MLK Presentations

I have to say that today's class was really awesome. I felt as thought we where making a part of history that someone will read and actually apply to their lives one day. My favorite presentation was Anthony's group where they crafted the most imaginative story about the birth and death of MLK. I jump started my train of though to, what happens if I write an elaborate gospel on myself. If an ordinary insignificant
   person like myself wrote a gospel and left it behind for others to see will I become an icon years from now? The childhood stories about Catcher Freeman, Django, and Harriet Tubman Simply my ancestors flexing their imaginations? This led me to my biggest question. Is History fiction?

Comment away !

1 comment:

  1. I think thats a very interesting thought. Like it does seem reasonable considering so many people believe that all thats written about Jesus in the bible is factual history. I would say the difference with real history is there is documentation and multiple people who were witnesses to it, but the same is true of Jesus. Even the fact that there are different interpretations or view of how a historical event went down, the same is true of Jesus as can be seen by the varying gospels. I'm not sure there is a way to distinguish that the history in our textbooks is actually fact.

    ReplyDelete