Thursday, March 26, 2015

Confucism/ Altered states.

 I have decided to split this blog in half and cover two topics.  The first one is in Confucism. I don't know too much on the philosophies other than the fact that they where developed in the ancient Hog dynasty. But from what i have grasped int the first chapter, Confucius believed in the magic of proclamation. That's pretty much all of that.

I want to continue our Conversation on altered states of cautiousness. I believe There is a lot to be said in terms of what has been accomplished in human history because of these discoveries. as for it being a human trait I think that is a far stretch due to the fact that ewe are still referring to harmful and life threatening drugs. but what do you think.

Comment away !

4 comments:

  1. I think that even though a lot of drugs are dangerous, seeking altered states of consciousness is still a part of human nature. I think humans have a habit of taking good things and making them unhealthy. We take trying to get altered states of consciousness and make it unhealthy with drugs like heroin or ecstasy, and we do the same thing with something like eating. Eating is obviously natural and important, but even that we can't just have something as it is, we need loads of sugar and trans fats to make it taste better but ultimately less healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious what drugs you are referring to when you say "harmful and life threatening", because if you are talking about psychedelic drugs like LSD or psilocybin (magic mushrooms) then I have to say that they are neither harmful nor life threatening when used properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Adazae,

    I think that it is true that some of the greatest discoveries in humanity were sought out under the influence of some mind-altered state. This interests me in how these drugs loosen the mind up enough to see these things in action.

    As Professor Silliman brought up in class, LSD and "Ring around the Rosie" are both considered to alter the mind in a similar fashion. Perhaps (branching off of my post) the intention behind Confuscious and his name are to represent discovery when we are really "confused". I question what his name has to do with what he did and whether or not it was intentional that his name signifies what he did.

    Thank you for sharing again!

    ReplyDelete